Monday, January 14, 2008

Warming Up

After two weeks in the Appalachian Mountains, with temperatures nearing 5 degrees F, we headed out to a warmer climate: Miami. It was a three-day drive with H.G. Malati Prabhu. I get that she most love to travel. She's been driving down to Miami during Christmas break for the past 5 years. And she also does a summer tour where she follows the different Ratha Yatra festivals in the US. Needless to say, she has very highly developed skills for organization, trip planning and picnicking, yum!

For me it was a very sweet experience. It was just the two of us. We enjoyed nice picnic prasad, nice discussions of sastra and lots of chanting. I dearly appreciate every time I spend with her as it teaches me humility, sincerity, and love for Srila Prabhupada.


H.G. Malati Prabhu
Miami Temple

No comments: