Thursday, December 6, 2007

Timeless


Today was a pretty smooth one... all I did was sit down on the snow and meditated all day.... right. Actually, my day was better than that. First of all, the Srimad Bhagavatam lecture today was very inspiring talking about things such as the importance of understanding the purpose of life, how all of us are always looking for the perfect harmony in things, the need for surrender to a higher power, being determined, the power and beauty of kirtan-rasa, and the unfortunate state of a contitioned soul entrapped by the modes of passion and ignorance. Lots to digest there! Later on I did lots of little things in the office, some phone calls, typing, emails...

Then my experience with the HOT pepper happened... i probably ate a whole piece of the spiciest hot pepper I've ever tasted. I ran outside of the house, like in the cartoons, with my mouth on fire, and stuck a ball of snow in my mouth! I didn't know what else to do?! That was quite an experience, to say the least. But it all went away in like 10 min, ha! Finally, I came back and proceded with the rest of my service, including ironing Srila Prabhupada's clothes : ) Still, I have to practice and finish my chanting. It feels like so much to do, so little time....yet being here gives me the feeling of a timeless adventure altogether!

No comments: